Natural oils don’t make you oily they hydrate your skin and can provide a remedy for issues such as cellulite, stretch marks, scars, eczema and stress to name a few. Natural vitamin e oil acts as a preservative rather than parabens added to many products but is toxic and has been linked to breast cancer. Nature is our pharmacy and can help put back into our skin what life has taken out.
But many people still don’t know that one of the best ways to protect ourselves from harmful toxins is to stop using regular antiperspirant deodorant.
Here are four facts that will make you rethink daily skincare habits:
1. oils don’t necessarily make you oily! Some oils for example jojoba will recreate your skins natural lipid barrier and help retain the water in your skin from evaporating. Its a dry skin remedy.
2. Oils repair the skin because they contain vitamins and use nature as our pharmacy. Looking for something to remedy celulite, stretch marks, scars or eczema? Nature has the answer:
- Cellulite can be aided by Geranium essential oil as it works as an effective diuretic and is able to improve circulation of lymphatic fluid, which helps eradicate toxins.
- Stretch marks and scars can be assisted by Rosehip oil as it contains Retinol, vitamin C, omega-3, omega-6 and linolenic acid.
- Eczema can be assisted with oils such as Lavender essential oil as it is anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial so it helps reduce inflammation and prevents infection.
3. Man made preservatives are toxic. Vitamin e oil is natures own preservative. It slows the rate of oxidation of your skincare products but also has great benefits for your skin such as preventing the formation of wrinkles by blocking free radical damage and boosting collagen production. Many brands use much cheaper Parabens but they can also trigger a wide variety of health complications and have been shown to be hormone disruptors (Not to mention have been found in breast cancer tissue)
4. Essential oils benefit your mind too – Why use synthetic fragrances in skincare or candles they can trigger allergic reactions such as headaches, dizziness, rashes when essential oils actually positively stimulate the Olfactory system (There are over 10 million cilia in the nostrils) and can ease stress, insomnia or just make you feel good.