Studies show when 100% Lavender essential oil is diluted and rubbed on the skin; it can be detected in the blood stream after just 15 minutes. Our body can absorb most of what we put on it. Naysayers will argue this point, but the reality is there are many well-known products, which rely on this knowledge; Nicotine patches are an example.
Fragrances are not scents from natural essential oils. Most synthetic fragrances contain toxic ingredients. Some common chemicals used in cream are Synthetic fragrances (which can trigger allergic reactions such as headaches, dizziness, rashes), Petrolatum (can actually cause dry skin and clog pores), Propylene Glycol (linked to cancer, allergies, skin and lung irritation), sodium lauryl sulphate (linked to cancer, organ system toxicity, neurotoxicity and reproductive issues, including birth defects), and Parabens (used as a preservative but can also trigger a wide variety of health complications, ranging from mild skin irritation to cancer).
Ingredients in skincare, whether toxic or natural, travel the same path from the surface of the skin into the blood stream. Your immune system works hard to reduce toxic load from the environment and daily stress. It makes sense not to burden your immune system with unnecessary toxins from products you use when healthier alternatives exist. When you choose a natural oil to moisturise your skin its remedial benefits are delivered directly into your blood stream.
Love Your Body Oil, has been formulated to recreate your skin’s natural lipid barrier and helps retain skin moisture. It contains a combination of 12 remedial oils to provide a remedy for dry skin.
- Avocado oil to soothe and moisturise dry, mature, and climate damaged skin
- Rosehip oil to help reduce wrinkles and treat dry, irritated, weathered skin
- Hazelnut oil to stimulate the circulatory system and help tone and tighten the skin
- Coconut oil to keep skin supple and firm
- Sandalwood essential oil to treat dehydrated skin and relieve itching and inflammation
- Geranium Bourbon essential oil to balance the production of sebum, the fatty secretion in sebaceous glands, and keep the skin supple
- Patchouli essential oil for tissue regeneration, helping to stimulate the regrowth of skin cells and assist in healing rough and cracked skin
- Lavender essential oil for its anti-inflammatory and soothing properties
- Carrot essential oil to stimulate red blood cells and add tone and elasticity to the skin
- Ylang Ylang essential oil to again balance the sebum making it effective on both dry and oily skin
- Nutmeg essential oil to help relieve rheumatic pain with its analgesic properties
- Vitamin E oil to assist in maintaining cell integrity.
All of this remedial goodness carries a unisex signature scent that smells divine.